Monday, March 31, 2008

turning the heel, turn the element

With April 1st almost here, it is time to turn to the next element: earth (greens, browns, metallics). Fire would have been my strongest element considering orange is my favorite color, I started late so I am trying to rush it. I am already in the transitional phase as most of the items I am going to be posting could both be fire and earth. First the fire: RPM sock from Knitty. I am knitting this for the SB County Fair. We'll see if I can get this done with my finger injury. As I turn the heel, doing a short row heel for the first time from the top down, we turn into earth:
So far I like this pattern. It gives the self-striping yarn a little extra umph. I have to have these done by April 18th, that shouldn't be a problem as long as by finger heals.

While the following picture was taken last year, I still have to post it as it is a transitional picture. I could not go through fire without posting a picture of my Tangerine Metallic Honda Element in its element in the Sierra Nevadas. Its a gorgeous picture. Hopefully I will get another picture like this in the summer.

No comments: